Thursday, January 13, 2011

January's Theme!


This is my first sketch for the sketch book challenge January, "Highly Prized' . The title is "Every Stitch By Hand" . My mom made everyone of these soft sculptured dolls and many more. Here is Popeye Olive Oil and Sweet Pea, Little Lulu, Mary Poppins, Betty Boop, Snuffy Smith and Wheezy, plus more that she designed herself.. These are all highly prized by me!!! The sketch was done in a moleskin sketchbook with prisma color pencils. Mom is 84 now and still sewing every stitch by hand.. I am so proud of her!!! I am so grateful that she passed her creativity on to me, Thank You , Thank You!!
I am heading for Painting with a Twist Tampa tonight for their preview night class and I am very excited to get to partake in this evenings festivities! It opens today at the corner of Macdill and Bay to Bay from noon to four, come see what it's all about Y'all. Bye for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment