Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 11 of 30 in 30 days




 I have worked all day and just got home, so have not finished today's painting yet...But I started one at 6:30 this A.M. ...I will get back to it in just a bit...
Today at work, my class of 36 Girl Scouts were participating to earn a badge in art.. They had to interview me, asking me what is my inspiration as an artist.. I told them about my doing the 30 day challenge, and that the things around me are what I use as my subjects and inspiration.
 I gave them examples of what I have done this week, and told them that just like everything else, you have to practice everyday.. I paint or draw almost everyday. One little girl raised her hand and ask if the painting we were doing was my one for today, but I told them no.  I am working at home on a Christmas Cactus that blooms every year at this time and that inspires me to want to get it done on canvas... As I came off stage my boss said to me....You don't have to always say me..( as in  What inspires me)  He is so funny.... anyway that's how my day went, now off to finish a painting....

1 comment: